Block connectors been used

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was about to replace the main light fitting in our living-room. On isolating it & removing the old one (a similar 3-candlelight type), I saw that the wires are 1.0/1.5mm going into block connectors, then the same wire coming down to the fitting itself. I figure maybe now I'll have to get a spark now to do it, but for my own mind.......should these block connectors have been used? Shouldn't a junction box have been used, then flex or 1mm down to the light fitting? If so, do people do this because the jobs too hard getting access from above?

Cheers,
Julian

Sponsored Links
just as easy usin terminal block....
some lights (i.e standard ones) already have a terminal block built in, but many other lights only have the flex and sometimes have a terminal block on the end.

Thanks,

I wouldn't be breaking any regs. then if I just left the wiring as is? Should it be flex or 1.omm also ?(which connects fitting to terminal block)

Julian

greencoat said:
Thanks,

I wouldn't be breaking any regs. then if I just left the wiring as is? Should it be flex or 1.omm also ?(which connects fitting to terminal block)

Julian
the light should already come with flex to connect to terminal block

Sponsored Links
ok thanks,

the light has wiring with a block on the end. I was just unsure if the block in the ceiling (in place of a ceiling rose) with a piece of 1mm coming out of it for the light, was ok/legal or not

Julian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back