Bloomin Clanging Pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
recently the hot water pipes in my heating system have periods when they clang. I've checked that there is no air in the radiators but it's still there and driving me insane!

Any guidance and clues would be much appreciated.

Thankyou

PS: It seemed to have started a couple of days after the diaphram was replaced.

Sponsored Links
bodminman said:
Hi there,
recently the hot water pipes in my heating system have periods when they clang. I've checked that there is no air in the radiators but it's still there and driving me insane!

Any guidance and clues would be much appreciated.

Thankyou

PS: It seemed to have started a couple of days after the diaphram was replaced.

What diapram is that?

Sponsored Links
Sorry couldn't resist it. You have probably got wagter hammer, if it's a combi the water may have been turned off at the main house valve and when its opened the pressure or flow changes slightly and you get the noise. It may be the jumper in the main valve coming into the house, if you turn the water off and remove the head, take the jumper out and tap the spindle against a hard object to knock it out of round and tap it back into the valve body and that should stop the noise.
Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back