Boiler Choice!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm sure lots of info exists on this subject in the forum somewhere but I'm having trouble finding the specific answers I'm after! Basically, I need a new boiler for a small house (4 radiator, 1 bed house) and so far I have it down to the following ...

Vaillant EcoTec 24kw
Potterton Gold 24kw
Veissmann Vitodens 100 (30kw)

All are condensing boilers and seem to have good reputations (unless I hear otherwise). Does anyone have one they would recommend, perhaps I need to take into account price vs. support vs. plumbers ability to service vs. reliability. Any help on any of those things would be of massive assistance! Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
Vaillant no1, Veissman no2 but poor aftersales service, Potterton forget about.

Do you have just showers? if so 24 Kw shoild be ok, but if you intend to run baths pay the extra £50 and get the Ecotec Plus 831. The heating will be range rated down to minimum upon commissioning so won't be ineffecient or costly to run.

Hi Dave thanks for that,

It seems the Vaillant is almost £1000, do you know a good website I can order from? I should be able to source myself as a plumber friend of a friend will fit it (therefore he prob won't fuss about ordering in the kit himself if I can get it cheaper). I was edging towards Vaillant though as they seem to be very hardy, presume they have stainless steel heat exchange?

Sorry to be dumb, but what does range rating down mean? Also, I do mainly have showers but it runs off a mixer from the bath tap ... plus I would prob prefer to get something over rather than underpowered so sounds a good tip!

lainga said:
Hi Dave thanks for that,

It seems the Vaillant is almost £1000, do you know a good website I can order from? I should be able to source myself as a plumber friend of a friend will fit it (therefore he prob won't fuss about ordering in the kit himself if I can get it cheaper). I was edging towards Vaillant though as they seem to be very hardy, presume they have stainless steel heat exchange?

Sorry to be dumb, but what does range rating down mean? Also, I do mainly have showers but it runs off a mixer from the bath tap ... plus I would prob prefer to get something over rather than underpowered so sounds a good tip!

Yes try HERE

Range rating means that the ch output of the boiler is set to match that of the rads fitted. The ecotec will give 24Kw max but this can be set between 9 & 24kw by the commissioning engineer on site via the digital display.

Sponsored Links
I hope your plumber friend is CORGi registered in his own right and not working on the side as then he would not be CORGI registered or insured while doing work for you.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back