boiler flue routing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello and thanks to all that answer,
many months ago i posted a topic about moving a boiler into a chimney breast and the use of the chimney flue.(learned a lot about boilers that day!!) I have now realised the error of my ways! not going to use the chimney flue!

i'll be getting somebody to move the boiler (vaillant combi) that knows exactly what there doing but for now want some pointers on flue routing. i've downloaded the flue instructions and am aware of maximum lengths and the reductions due to bends, this said, can you route the flue as required, providing the max lengths are not exceeded? i.e is there a max no. of bends or any no no's for routing the flue.

thanks

Sponsored Links
As long as you don't exceed the total equivalent length as stated in MI's it does not matter. You could always go to 125mm flue if the run is too long for 100mm standard flue.

thanks, 100mm flue will provide plenty of length for the flue, just needed the reassurance you can use several bends without causing a problem (other than the reduction in max length)to the gas flow.

The other problem is i would like the flue to pass through a solid internal wall, is this okay and how do you make good the plaster after? does the flue need clearance?

Sponsored Links
make good with plaster - flue length id the key here - ,ust you keep the inefficient boiler? if you are going to these lengths (excuse the pun) why not upgrade the boiler and use the extra flue options that come with that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back