Boiler Gets Hot - switches off then won't relight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Sons central heating boiler - Gloworm Fuelsaver 35F running hot water and 6 radiators in his flat - starts OK form the timer then heats the radiators then shuts down, when the temperature drops it will not relight till the system (and the flat) is stone cold. We have had a Corgi engineer out he has adjusted fan speed and an air pressure switch after he left it failed again. He has been back, checked the wiring and thermostats but says he can find nothing wrong and if it fails again we should get a second opinion. If anyone has any ideas we'd be really greatful.

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
how many forums are you posting this on :?:

you dont adjust an aps you renew it

and you cant adjust the fan speed

the boiler needs a service (not a hoover out)

either the fan or the tubes or both need cleaning (properly)

Sounds similar to problem I had.

Does heating and water come on at same time with the timer ?. If so, my problem was a stuck valve. The boiler cam on to heat water and rads, but when water was at temp boiler would turn off as valve got stuck and would not recognise need that heat was still required for heating. Boiler would then only reignite if water needed heating again (at which point rads would heat again if CH on at programmer).

Replaced the valve and no probs since.

:LOL:

kevplumb said:
how many forums are you posting this on :?: This and ask the plumber. Sorry but I didn't know they were linked and thought there may be some fresh ideas in here

you dont adjust an aps you renew it - I'm only reporting what he told me

and you cant adjust the fan speed - I'm only reporting what he told me - again

the boiler needs a service (not a hoover out) - It was serviced 5 months ago

either the fan or the tubes or both need cleaning (properly)

I've called another Corgi registered engineer and the first thing he said was it sounded like the fan breaking down.

Sponsored Links
New guy immediately identified a fault on the PCB - Board replaced and system is working as advertised. Makes you wonder why the first guy didn'tfind it (on either of his 2 calloiuts and teh servicing)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back