Boiler Interconnect in Old Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a cylinder thermostat to a gravity fed hot water system. So far I think I need a thermostat and a 2 way diverter which will when the desired temperature is reached will stop hot water getting to the heat exchanger in the tank.

Reading Building Regs part L it seems I need a boiler interlock. The boiler is about 10 years old an Ideal Mexico 2 CF/40 I have no idea whether this is possible with this old boiler or necessary. Could anybody point in the right direction please?

Regards

Chris

Sponsored Links
How you get there depends on where you are. What controls (motorised valve etc) have you got now? A "boiler interlock" is just a device to turn it off when not required - like a room thermostat, or a cylinder stat.

Assuming you end up with two 2 port valves, a wire goes from each one to turn the boiler on. I don't think your boiler has a pump overrun or a need for a bypass, but it would be wise to check with the instructions - or Ideal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back