Boiler recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I'm about to update the central heating system in my house. I've recently extended the house from a 3 bed/1 bath semi to 5 bed/2 bath/1 shower house.

I've decided to go for an unvented system, and my plumber has given me the choice of one of the following four;

Glow-worm
Valliant
Worcester
Baxi

Do anyone have any advice or recommendations. I know all 4 are reasonable make but which one would suit my needs best.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
all those manufacturers will make a boiler to suit your home and everyone will have their own opinion on which is best.

i would go worcester but the rest will do

just to beat agile to the chase

any boiler is OK as long as it is installed properly

Sponsored Links
scatmanjohn said:
What...even an Isar :eek:

Blimey charlie

Hoisted on my own petard I am, every boiler except that POS

;)

Scatman I am oblige to you pointing this obvious mistake out

I have just had an Isar fitted, FOC courtesy of Warmfront? They sang the praises of this boiler, obviously i can't moan as it's free, but i keep reading what seems bad reports off you guys, so could you please state why this is so,and would you advise taking a lengthy gaurantee out?

yes do it

the boards get broken by a poorly fitted primary flue

the condensate syphon is poorly designed and blocks up every five minutes

the heat exchangers get holes in em very kwikly

etc etc

these are the ones I have hit all the time feel free to add to it chaps

libby lou lou said:
I have just had an Isar fitted, FOC courtesy of Warmfront? They sang the praises of this boiler, obviously i can't moan as it's free, but i keep reading what seems bad reports off you guys, so could you please state why this is so,and would you advise taking a lengthy gaurantee out?

Apart from what the other guy said, the main problem is that maintenmance is only allowed from directly in front of or beneath the boiler, and some special tools have to be constructed to change some parts. A normal operation on most boilers is a major challenge on your boiler.

The best thing is to take out the extended warranty have it serviced anually to qualify and thereafter, take out a maintenance contract with Ideal themselves.

A friend of mine had one just a few years old, he called me to a leak, which was the Diverter valve, but also the autoairvent was leaking, but the display board was giving no display and the main board playing up. So I shioed away from it, I suggested he talk to ideal.

They said they would do a guaranteed fix this time for something like £170 which I recond was very cheap, I couldn't have done it for that. But that he would have to take out a maintenance contract with them.

Instead he paid me to rip it off the wall and put a loverrly Vokera in it's stead. Vokera know how to treat an engineer. No wa sit a Vokera or a Baxi? SHucks can't remember, but anyway it was a boiler that has a little space between the parts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back