boiler repairing course

sp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone
i am new in plumbing industry and i like learn boiler repairing.
anyone have any advice for me.

one more thing,
how i can wire zone central heating system with combi boiler
i only know that i have to use twin channel programmer, 2 room thermostat, 2 two port valve

thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
yes
first year with corgi
paid 200 for application and 180 for registration

Sponsored Links
thanks Gasman
but i heard that thay are only teaching on new models
you know we have deal with older boiler in most cases

i have seen mr combi ad in gas installer magazine and many collages
whats your views on that

Sorry, don't have a view on such places, never used them.

I don't think there is a quick way, experience takes time.

And don't take offence but maybe you need to study more if you cannot understand the layout of wiring heating circuit controls.

Wiring zones on a combi is same as any other boiler really, except for some combis which have to be different - what's yours? (Don't use a 3 port because it gives mains back to the boiler, use 2 ports (S plan) cos they have volt free contacts.) Are you seeing a difficulty?

thanks Gasman
at this time of my position i am mostly looking for installation job
and i know it's take time to learn repairing
thanks anyway

hi chris
i understand that but on most combi, 5 connection on terminal block.
3 for mains and 2 for room thermostat.
my question is how can i wire programmer and room thermostat and port valve from remaining two connection

As Chris has already explained for the controls, just think of the thermostat connection on the combi as the switch, which depending on the make, will be either volt free or 230 volts.

For volt free you can use a 230 volt relay with volt free connections.

For 230 volt connections, you only need to send one switched live.

Think about it.

As for boiler training,

Apart from what I learned from the gas fitter who gave me my experience.....

Baxipotterton combi I and II and then field experience has sufficed for me.

The beauty of field experience is you phone the manufacturer with the faukt and in real life situations you learn more than in any other way.

Hi,

I am haveattended the Mr Combi course. Its not too bad but quite basic. It appears you are very new to the game and so may benefit. However mr Combi is very shrewd and very money conscious. He will try to sell you all sorts of things. My advice would be to attend the course but make sure you have all the tools and equipment required on the day. Hope this helps

Note you have to be Corgi registerd or have passed your ACS to attend.

Regards

Harry

Paul,

How did you find the Baxi Combi 1/ Combi 11 courses. I am thinking of attending.

Thanks for your help.

Harry

Comnbi I explains the basics of combis in a generic sense.

Combi II is specific to one of their products which is a pretty good example of how it's done across the industry, and involves them puting faults on and you finding them.

Then you have to find out the rest in the field.

But the baxi courses are excellent in my view.

Thanks Paul,

I Think I will book onto their courses when next available. Your comments much appreciated.

Regards

Harry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back