boiler runs for 30 seconds then cuts out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have recently fitted isolation valves in the feed and return to my Optia ff50 boiler, I also replaced the pump at the same time. The boiler now runs for a short time (30 seconds) before cutting out, it then sounds like water is trickling into the boiler, after about 5 minutes the boiler fires up for another 30 seconds then shuts down again.

All rads/system have been bled and refilled.

I am thinking that the bore of the isolation valves could be the problem?

Any thoughts

Peel :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
wow
thanks for the fast reply
just had a double check and the big arrow on the side points the same way
peel

peely said:
wow
thanks for the fast reply
just had a double check and the big arrow on the side points the same way
peel

Same way as what?

If you hear a trickling sound then that implies there is air inside and its not full of water! Bleed points???

Tony

Sponsored Links
I have bled everything "bleedable", several times,

I have just double checked the the manual bleed on the "rad side" and just cracked the auto bleed on the hot water side, both full of water.
Both are higher than the boiler, do you think I may need a bleed point closer to the boiler ?
Pump is wired up the correct way as well.
thanks for the help
Peel

Do you get air/water out of upstairs rads? Is f&e tank full?

If so turn h/w on at timer, turn boiler off at stat, turn pump speed up to max and try to push air lock out to vent. Then try this with jusy ch on and only 1 rad left on, then do each rad in turn and see if this helps ;)

getting water out of the rads, bit I'll give it a go

seems that I am looking at an airlock rather than a valve problem?

I might fit a bleed valve just above the boiler if I still get probs?
what do ya think?

Cheers
Peel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back