Boiler/system type-Combi,tank ???????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the middle of renovating an old barn and have been trying to think of what DHW/CH system to use.
It's only a little place-
2 bed
1 Bathroom (separate bath and shower)

I've thought of a condensing combi purely because it's not a big place and will only have to run the shower and maybe the kitchen tap at the same time.
I have looked at a hot water loop to feed the taps and shower so hot water is instant but this would need a tank and i don't have alot of room it, the ceiling is vaulted so no attic, the only other places are under the stairs (not enough room) or the airing cupboard, which i don't want to fill up with a massive tank, would i be able to use a smaller tank which obviously means less stored water.
Plus does this connect to the mains so i can have mains pressure hot water??? and lastly cost is a factor, a combi does everything quite well but not brilliantly.
Like the old saying jack of many trades master of none........

cheers for reading it through hope you can help

Sponsored Links
i'm not sure what ur asking. why do u need hot water so instantly ?

u could buy a baxi instant combi 80he for example. this has stored hot water within the boiler and is not bad at near instant hot water...depending on the pipe lengths

Well i'm asking what sort of heating system should I use.
Having read alot of the other subjects it seems alot of people hate combi boilers but i think it suits my needs?????
I've been looking aty Baxi combis because their cost effective and pretty easy to install and maintain.
Am I right in thinking this?????

Sponsored Links
if their is only 1 or 2 living there and with a 2 bedroom house u could go for a combi assuming ur water flow was good enough. the aformentioned boiler is easy to fit and as you may know, u dont have any cold water tanks in the loft or hot water cylinders to accomodate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back