Boiler won't fire without a power reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My CH and water will not start each morning without me resetting the main power feed to all of the system. Once this has been done the CH and water work fine. The timer looks OK the pump can be heard and activates at the correct time etc. Is is a problem with the timer or a more fundamental problem with the electrics. The system is a condensing boiler with seperate timer controlls for CH and water. Any help much appreciated. :(

Sponsored Links
Boiler wouldn't be an Ideal Minimiser by any chance?

Yes it is, I take it its a known problem, is their a cure????

Thanks

He He how did I guess that, chances are it needs a good service. Oxide builds up in the heat exchanger and affects the ignition/detection probes.
The boiler has 1 ignition attempt then locks out, in the morning when the blr has been off it will struggle to light due to damp electrodes. There is a new pcb for the boiler which gives the boiler 5 ignition attempts before lockout.

Best get it serviced/cleaned out and gas pressures checked by corgi eng. and it should work ok.

Average cost depending on part of UK £60-70 service pcb £70-£80.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info

I've spoken to the chap that serviced the boiler last week and explained the problem in light of this new information, he will be coming back in the next few days to have "another look" :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back