Boilermate II & Potterton Suprima 40 - Not enough hot wa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Boilermate II & Potterton Suprima 40 set up. The Suprima is set to max and there are 2 lights, the one at the top is constant red/orange, the other is unlit. The BoilerMate store temp controller is set to max, the radiators work fine and are time controlled. I turned the Brawa mix valve head to max but there's not enough hot water to have a shower or bath. I also noticed when i turned this valve to max, I saw a drip of water from the valve underneath. Does anyone have any ideas before I call an engineer. I've lived in my house for 9 months and didn't notice a problem in the summer. I don't know anything about this topic so I might be missing something obvious !

Sponsored Links
Could be debris lodged inside the valve or a scale buildup. :(
Are you in a hard water area ?.

Oventrop state that inline filters are important with this valve.
Are these fitted ??.

Sponsored Links
it will most likely be the oventrop mixing valve. if the rads are fine it suggests the store temp is ok.

if you get a burst of hot water then stone cold or if its luke warm permenantly then the plastic bit inside the mixing valve is probably brittle and snapped leaving the valve open to the cold mains side. they are not hard to change but im not sure what the current price of them is.

needs to be tested further but will probably solve the problem.

id go with nickso..............it will be the mixing valve thats faulty. they are not cheap (about £90 i think) but it will solve your problem and its also a doddle to change.

I actually fixed the problem.....which is a shock..I am a woman! The pilot light had gone out on the boiler, bit embarrasing I know. I pressed the reset button and it all came back to life....Thanks for all your replies...

er no you haven't really :confused:

three things:-

1) you mentioned a water leak at the valve that you adjusted....is it still leaking and have you adjusted it back?

2) your original description wasnt correct as you said the rads were fine but the water wasnt....that cant really be right if the boiler wasnt working at all.

3) the suprima hasnt got a pilot light and you have only reset the notorious pcb. chances are this is going to happen a lot more over the coming months. when it does you will probably need a new pcb.

im glad you got it working in the meantime but you may have trouble ahead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back