Bolier condensate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New Worcester Bosch combi suddenly started dripping last night. Pressure fine, heating and water also ok. It appears that water is dripping (sometimes flowing) from the condensate pipe join, i.e where the grey flexi pipe on the boiler attachs to the white overflow type pipe.

It looks like installer has just pushed one pipe into the other. Is there a better way to secure and is it normal to have all this condensate water?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Its time to call back the installer!

There are various ways to make any connection and above all it should be watertight! Ideally with an appropriate connector designed for the purpose. Sometimes its necessary to resort to sealant.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If it turns out not to be the pipe check the yellow screw on cap on the condensate tank. On mine (worcester bosch greenstar junior 24i) it had a hairline crack causing it to drip and flow allong the outside of the condensate pipe, the guy who installed it was very nice and fixed it with a metal one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back