Bombers Possibly Identified...

B

Big_Spark

Police have revealed that they believe they have identified the four young men who carried out last Thursdays attacks in London.

It is also likely that they have died in the attacks, but the Police are not confirming they were definetly suicide attacks at this stage. They have a suspect Car at Luton Station, and have evacuated some 600 residents in Leeds after a "significant chemical find" in a Leeds House occupied by one of the suspects.

The four suspects were all British, but would appear to be from the Leeds/Yorks Muslim communities.

The trail was started after the family of one of the young men reported him missing after the attacks, it would appear they knew he was "visiting" London.

Before we all start silly recriminations, lets not forget that the families of these young men are also victims, it is highly likely that they had no knowledge of the intentions or motivations of these people. How would the parents of this young Guy feel to not only learn that their son did die in the attack, but was also one of those responsible for it...Religion is irrelevent here, their pain must be enormous..

Sponsored Links
Well said that man.

I heard about attacks on Mosques, and the death of a Muslim in Nottigham (whoops! I need some Tunes.....)

Dreadful. I Can't believe people are so narrow minded.

As someone in the Evening Standard said the other day, "some of the people killed will have marched against the war".

If you were a conspiracy theorist, you may think it a little convenient that from all the body parts that they have already identified the alleged bombers and tracked their movements etc, yet they can't identify most of the victims to inform their families and loved ones. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Given that the rationale behind the Afghanistan war seemed to be on the lines of 'Some terrorists live there, so lets flatten the place and we're bound to get 'em', I'm glad I don't live in Leeds any more....

nstreet said:
If you were a conspiracy theorist, you may think it a little convenient that from all the body parts that they have already identified the alleged bombers and tracked their movements etc, yet they can't identify most of the victims to inform their families and loved ones. :confused:

I suppose the first priority was to get a handle on the murderers and their potential for further mayhem...
Thankfully they will bomb no one else and have left a fair amount of evidence about the place ..
There were some pretty aware observers around on that awful morning.
P

If you were a conspiracy theorist, you may think it a little convenient that from all the body parts that they have already identified the alleged bombers and tracked their movements etc, yet they can't identify most of the victims to inform their families and loved ones.

if the isreali experiance is anything to go by identifying a suicide bomber is fairly easy, due to the explosive effect the head is normally blown off in one piece, so identifying them is not that hard! In this case, however the tube tunnel would have negated that, and it would be a linking of intelligence that came in, forensics and good police work

There were lots of newspaper headlines yesterday about delays in identifying people. Well, I think we had an explanation. The police would be hoping to catch any accomplices of any deceased who turned out to be a bomber. But I am not sure it fills me with confidence that the police's main lead was someone's mum ringing up because he was missing.

We do not know anything about these people yet. But I was thinking about why people might do this, being British and muslim and blowing up other people who are both. And I think one answer might be the distrust in this country against the government. There was and is a lot of ill feeling about why we went to war in Iraq, and what eactly it could hope to achieve. There have been marches against the war. leaks about what was thought by government, compared to what was said. And I think it possible that someone who believed themself to be a good muslim, a good British citizen, might think that elections had been tried, protests had been tried, but still we had gone to join in a war which the public on the whole was against. So what was left? Public disobedience has always been the last resort when governments refuse to listen. So I think that this may be another sign of the disenchantment which cost labour votes at the last election. Blair may have created people who are willing to be martyrs in the cause of a better Britain. A very dangerous thing for him to have done.

Blair may have created people who are willing to be martyrs in the cause of a better Britain. A very dangerous thing for him to have done.
I do not particularly care for Blair or his party but in a democratic country like the United Kingdom where we vote our representatives into parliament by means of the ballet box then although not liking some
of parliaments decisions I have to accept it. I may protest which I can do freely. I may speak out against decisions which I can also do liberally but I should accept a democratic system. The alternative is dictatorship.
In the last election all countrymen/women had the chance to vote on the Labour Party's past government decisions including the invasion of Iraq which in my opinion should never have happened . The country spoke giving the Labour Party a reduced majority of just under 100 seats. The Labour Party with such a high majority will still be able to get any legislation they want through parliament.
The ballot box or peaceful demonstration is the place for change. ( look what happened to the Poll Tax after most part peaceful demonistration)
Terrorism is a strong tool and is very difficult to deal with as we can be seen in Iraq .
It has always been the rule of western democracies that the STATE should
come first and religion second. With present day events this rule may
drastically change.
Lastly ,I wonder what America would have done if it had been homegrown
terrorrists who carried out the attack on 9/11.
My heart goes out to the innocents who were killed and injured by these fanatical terrorists.
The United Kingdom is recognized the world over for its freedom and tolerance and is a country I am proud to be a citizen.

i think the main reason behind the bombings was simple hatred by religious muslims against western society. iraq probably did contribute, but not in a major way. just my opinion.

as regards to labour, we can all change the way the country is run in a big way, if we make the government fairer. campaign for proportional representation

After all, how could the Government win a majority of MPs with just 35% of the votes cast and the support of only one in five of those registered to vote? That’s the lowest share for a winning party since 1832.

please visit http://www.makemyvotecount.org.uk/home.html and http://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/news/archive.htm

if proportional representation was active 2 elections ago, the government would never have been able to take us into war, under the circumstances that it did.

? why not make the families responsible for the actions of these scum as they would have know about it we all know to follow islam comes first every thing else is second

in the future the evil suicide bombers might not be so fast to light the fuse knowing all there family would be accountable

rederech said:
Blair may have created people who are willing to be martyrs in the cause of a better Britain. A very dangerous thing for him to have done.
I do not particularly care for Blair or his party but in a democratic country like the United Kingdom where we vote our representatives into parliament by means of the ballet box then although not liking some
of parliaments decisions I have to accept it.

No you don't, not when ENGLAND didn't vote Labour into power but Scotland and Wales effectively did - and they should not be voting for an English Parliment when they have there own!

user56565 said:
i think the main reason behind the bombings was simple hatred by religious muslims against western society. iraq probably did contribute, but not in a major way. just my opinion.

I think that is what our government and the American governments want us all to believe and unfortunately we all are believing it :evil:

Lets be honest as apauling as this was by standing sholder to sholder with our 'friends' and fighting in Afghanistan & Iraq we should have expected this attack as an inevitable consequence. How many other countries or nationalities have been directly attcked in this way by Al-kieda (sorry for spelling)
I truely believe that the more we fight the worse this is going to get they will always slip thru the net and we are doing all there P.R. work for them I don't think one single politician has the guts to say 'pull troops out f*ck America's problems' and again our companies have waltz'd into iraq and taken over what should be middle-eastern companies the whole thing discusts me I don't know how I will explain our actions to my daughter when she grows up.
Blair blunket & co. are lying tw@ts they should stand trial with Bush and his deciples lets end all this cr@p :evil: and have a little peace for a change - that reminds me LOL I wander if 'certain' economies rely on these wars to actually stay in the black????
Sorry if I have offended anyone this is entirly my own opinion my deepest sympothies lie with those families effected by the bombing including those of the bombers - as long as they knew nothing of the event though!

I would observe that at the last election there were only two parties with any hope of getting a majority. Either Labour, which supported the war, or the conservatives who supported continuing with it now that it was started, and who almost certainly would have backed it had they been in government at the time. How did that give anyone any confidence that their personal vote against the war could make the least difference to anything?

I recall that aside from protest marches, the poll tax led to a widespread campaign of refusing to pay, and subsequently locking up pensioners. At that point the government gave in and agreed to change it. What would have happened had they not done so? It was apparent that if enough people actually did simply refuse to pay, then the tax would become unworkable and collapse.

There was a meaningful way for people to take direct action to stop that tax. Now what is open to people who feel that we should not be taking part in this war? I am not saying that blowing up innocent fellow citizens is right. I am saying that if you back people into a corner over an issue which they truly feel is absolutely important, then they will do almost anything.

The IRA and 'loyalists' have been (or hopefully were) blowing things up for many years. People blame the catholic and protestant church divisions for making that conflict worse, but they do not simply say it was all because of their religion. It was about two sides with territorial claims who each believed they were right. Well this is also a territorial issue, about whether it is right for Britain to intervene in another state in the way that it has.

The last bit about the IRA and Unionists Damocles was more too it than that and no way can be compared to 4 or 5 murdering suicide bombers with a grudge which is basically what it is

Damocles said:
Now what is open to people who feel that we should not be taking part in this war? I am not saying that blowing up innocent fellow citizens is right. I am saying that if you back people into a corner over an issue which they truly feel is absolutely important, then they will do almost anything.

The rule of law must be preserved. The terrorists who murdered the innocent in these terrible bombings did not respect our laws or democracy and was attempting to create anarchy.

No person backed them into a corner.

They choice to murder innocent people who had done them no harm.

These bombers were able to freely go where ever they wanted. They could even leave this country which apparently at least 2 of them did and were trained at an Osama Bin Laden TERRORIST training camp.

We are fortunate in this country that we have many freedoms that we take for granted. Freedom of speech, freedom of persecution,
freedom of tolerance , freedom of travel and freedom of who is elected to represent the the people of this great country.

When minorites dictate then anarchy prevails and the rule of law is lost and so to is democracy.

Sponsored Links
Back