Bosch Condenser Dryer "Clean Container" (secret flap door)

Excellent suggestion, rather fiddly to get too. Also look right at the back, a huge wad of wet fluff collected here against the back wall of the compartment behind the condenser, as well as, inside the secret flap.

Many thanks for the tip :D

Sponsored Links
Confused about the secret door! So you don't mean the one on bottom left side of main dryer frontage where cooler is? Is it further inside? Clean light keeps coming on despite following manual cleaning advice and less than 1 Yr old! Please help, TIA!

Yes it is under the condenser...remove the condenser and it is right at the back on the bottom. All you can feel are the tabs to remove it ...
I could see mine because I'd taken the sides off so I guess you could always do that if you really can't get to it from the front...good luck!

I registered just to say that we have had a Maxx 8 for over 5 years (Model Number WTE86300AU or WTE86301AU, I dunno which) and it started having this problem where the Container light would come on after 5 minutes no matter what we cleaned (condenser container, filter, lint trap, inside of the filter compartment, inside of the slot the lint trap fits into), it just kept coming back on and the dryer would stop.

Clearing out the "secret flap" has fixed our problem! It looks like water was pooling in there over the course of time, hence the sludge and the need for an absorbent cloth (I started with paper towels before realising there was so much water in there).

One of the other symptoms we did note was a pumping sort of sound when you switched the machine on again, like it was trying to move some water around and not succeeding.

Hooray for the internet and for Google search!

Sponsored Links
I have searched and searched... have they made a new model and removed this facility ? Underneath the filter is a plastic 'grid' that looks straight through to the water container at the bottom (and the floor if the water container is pulled out). At the left hand side there is a small compartment that becomes a small channel which leads to the valve into the water container. This had 1/2" of water in . Beyond the filter at the back is another compartment that is totally sealed. :(

I too have the same model as Caedrel and after seeing this post cleaned the sludge out of the secret compartment. The dryer is back working without the container light illuminating. Saved me at least $300 as I live in a rural area and getting a repair man is a nightmare. Love your work Bnaji. Thanks a lot.

Please help me to find that "secret door/flap". Could anybody post a picture? Thank you.

Please help me to find that "secret door/flap". Could anybody post a picture? Thank you.

Yes please. For Maxx 7 could someone describe exactly where this secret door or flap is or as per dryerproblem's request post a photo? Driving me nuts trying to find.... Many thanks

Yes please. For Maxx 7 could someone describe exactly where this secret door or flap is or as per dryerproblem's request post a photo? Driving me nuts trying to find.... Many thanks

See picture. I have a bit of wood in one of the catches to illustrate where they are

See picture. I have a bit of wood in one of the catches to illustrate where they are

Thanks you for photo. Appreciate time taken. Unfortunately I am not able to match photo to anywhere on my machine.

Thanks you for photo. Appreciate time taken. Unfortunately I am not able to match photo to anywhere on my machine.

remove the condenser and look into the hole...

remove the condenser and look into the hole...

Help please. I am tearing my hair out. I have found this flap in my machine. I have found the two catches. I can move the two catches with my fingertips towards me (towards the front of the machine). What I cant do is lift the darned flap up to open it! Is there a knack to it? Do I have to lever it up with some thin screwdriver or similar? Perhaps the flap is wedged right into its housing and needs to be loosened. The machine is 7 years old and this flap has never been opened. What can I do to open it.

I have a Bosch Classixx condenser dryer which also has the hidden flap. When you pull the condenser unit out, which is on the front of the dryer, on the left hand side at the bottom, the hidden flap is flush with the bottom of the recess where the condenser normally sits. I too was frustrated to get the flap open, as you can only get one arm in the recess, and there are two flanges. You need to work on one at a time. I found the right flange easier. Used my forefinger to pull it towards me and my other fingers to find the edge of the panel and force it up a little. This is enough to off centre it which then prevents it from falling back in whilst you do the other side. i found the gunge. Thankfully it didnt smell of anything, i pulled out the clump then shoved a dishtowel into the opening to sop up the water. I also found by accident that at the back of the recess and beyond i was able to pull out a big pad of compacted but mostly dry fluff. Put the panel back in, and the condenser and it is now working perfectly.

I have the Bosch Condenser and like many have seen the miracle of the hidden flap solve the cleaner light issues. Two simple tips for people struggling to find or open it:

- pull everything (2 parts) that can be removed out of the bottom left compartment at the front of the machine. Shine a torch into the gap and deep into the space you will see what is effectively a trap door ie the door opens UPWARDS. There are two hinges which need to be opened.

- the hinges are almost impossible to open with fingers, so get yourself a small screwdriver. Reverse the direction of the screwdriver so the head is facing back towards you, stick it right into the gap and press it back onto one of the hinges. This should immediately pop it open.

Then use kitchen towel to scoop up the sludge. Respect to bnaji for the original tip.

Thanks for posting about the secret flap ive been pulling my hair out as we had cleaned everything was either going to pull the thing apart or replace it.
Ours was the classixx 7

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back