Bosch dishwasher stuck in cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dishwasher somehow overflowed while garburator was on.Water came out and we had water in front of dishwasher. Now it sounds like
It is stuck in a cycle - I think it is the Drain Cycle.
It looks and sounds like it is sucking the water in the area under the filter screen. The controls seem to be malfunctioning also. The dishwasher stays on even if the door is open.

Sponsored Links
Anti flood device in the base of the dishwasher has been activated.
You need to drain the water out of the base (under the cavity you put the dishes in) before it will reset.

I reomoved all the water inside the base both inside the machine and underneath it but it does not seem to want to reset.Sounds like pump stays activated and even with door open it will not go off.I left the door closed and it even soun ded the 4 beeps as i cycle was terminated but pump is always on.
Any suggestions

hi dom,your antiflood is active,Unplug the appliance,, to reset place a large towel behind the appliance and tilt the appliance back as far as you can allowing any water in the base to flow out onto your towel..Then press the reset on yout timer,,select a programme and now all should be ok.

Sponsored Links
hi dom,your antiflood is active,Unplug the appliance,, to reset place a large towel behind the appliance and tilt the appliance back as far as you can allowing any water in the base to flow out onto your towel..Then press the reset on yout timer,,select a programme and now all should be ok.
shepsamiller you are a star!!! I followed your advice and bingo the dishwasher is working. Thank you so much, you have just saved me at least £50! :D All the very best to you mate!

i have the same problem.
tried tipping it back and draining. when I turn it back on it starts a cycle. i reset but the pump still runs even though the timer says 0 time remaining....
will run it again in the morning and see if it gets stuck again....

My dishwasher is stuck mid cycle.
I have tried draining the machine to disable the anti flood function and it worked for another two washes. Unfortunately this has happened again.
Is there anything else I can do to stop this happening?

Shepsamiller... you are a genious!

Brilliant!!!!! just tipped it back,( Hotpoint FDW80), lots of water out of the back, and bobs your uncle it works lovely. Missus wanted a brand new Miele, so just saved me over a grand, THANKS.

Genius !!!!! Just when I thought I was going to have to do the washing up with the wife, the power of Google and your post came to to the rescue. Thanks very much.

Hi shepsamiller, I had the same problem, the pump got jammed then I couldn't reset but the pump ran even with the door open.
Your solution was spot on who needs the instruction book with people like you around. Good on yer! :p

Thanks so much shepsamiller - I just had to register to this forum and say a big THANKS - this information has saved me bigtime!
TJ

Thanks so much shepsamiller - I just had to register to this forum and say a big THANKS - this information has saved me bigtime!
TJ
+1 Just registered to say thanks! Awesome

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back