Bosch Exxcel condenser tumble dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’ve got a problem with my dryer, the machine starts then shortly afterwards alarms and says the water tank needs emptying. The tank is bone dry. I replace the tank and STOP/START the machine and it runs again until it alarms. The drum gets hot and turns, and the air is flowing round the unit.

I removed the air cooler and washed it out. I noticed when it was out there was considerable quantity of water in the device in a sort of reservoir at the back. I removed this water and ran the machine again and it ran for much longer , but nothing appeared in the water tank. My suspicion it’s just filling up at the bottom of the device again.

I removed the top off the device and checked to see if the pipe that drains the water into the tank was blocked by blowing down it but air flowed easily and I could hear bubbles at the base of the unit. I also sucked on the pipe and water came up the pipe so it can’t be blocked.

Is there a discharge pump in the machine that drives the water from the base reservoir to the tank at the top? Could this have failed and be causing the problem? I took the sides off and tracked the pipe back to what could be a pump behind the main drive motor. Looks a pig to get to and part of the sealed reservoir in the base, which would make sense.

Any ideas what is causing my problem and is it easy to fix? What causes the alarm when the tank is dry , there arn’t any sensors obvious in the tank.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Posting the model and FD number help us to help you otherwise it will be all generic stuff.

If you have a water tank at the top then there will be a pump in the base usually at the right hand side on Bosch condensor dryers. This pump can get blocked or fail and the pipe work from it (there is usually two from the area a supply pipe and an overflow return) can get blocked.

There is a float chamber by the pump that will shut off the heater when it senses the float chamber is full and it then indicates you need to empty the water out.

Thanks for the reply, Hi, the model is a Maxx Freedom Performance the serial number is WTL6304GB/01.

Any further detail / info is very welcome

Any idea how to get it out would be very handy, will I have to remove the motor and spindle to get access? its very tight in that area.

Thanks

Not familiar hands on with that model.

You will find it easier to remove the belt tensioner to enable you to access the pump area. You do not need to remove the belt or motor though on most of these.

The pump and float can be a bit awkward to get out but it can be done, sorry I cant explain the exact way I do it as I tend to fiddle around until I get them out. The pump impeller gets clogged as do the pipes from it and the float chamber with a sludgy gunge that needs to be cleaned out.

If you wish to just test the pump you can put a seperate 240V supply to it and see if it works.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back