Bramble city

rlc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there an efficient way to clear an area which is overgrown with the brambles? The area covers ~700m^2 and is totally overgrown, some of them are 40mm dia. I want to clear it, level it off and landscape it eventually but I see thats some time off!. Is there a bit of kit I can hire to make life easier, stuff to apply to help the process of clearance? I did think of a mini digger with a snowplough on the front but that may just be daft!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if its that big why not g the whole hog and get a full sized jcb

brambles look a nightmare as they cover a lot of ground. Use a horticultural grade of systemic weedkiller. It will take several applications at this time of year to get the things to die off. Once it starts to take effect a brush cutter will clear it very quickly. The roots are a nightmare, they look like an extra from aliens. They dont go that deep. A decent rotovator like a camon or howard gem will turn over the soil and let you pick the big buggers off.

one bonus the soil will be pretty good!

Thermo: great suggestions - will go that route and hopefully will get through the lot quickly. Is that "systemic weedkiller" harmful to animals as we have some dogs?

Breezer: I like the suggestion but as we only just moved in I think the sight of me driving up the drive in a jcb would give the missus cardiac arrest

Sponsored Links
shouldnt be, most are designed not to, but be careful with which ones you use. dont get the pants watered down stuff in garden centres. go to a proper horticultural supplier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back