Brick colour aerosol paint to cover white plastic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I'd like to spray paint a white coloured plastic gas meter box a red brick colour to blend in more with the wall, I was wondering if anyone would be able to suggest a product for doing this?

I think I heard once that some paints do not always adhere well to plastic.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I wouldn't use spray. You would have to mask the wall and probably use a few cans.

I did mine with non-drip gloss paint (oil based). A single flowing coat and a soft 35mm brush. No undercoat. No sanding. I find it gives a good finish on all manner of hard plastics and fibreglass.

Scrub clean the plastic first, finishing with white spirit on a green nylon pan scourer, which will take off any degraded surface. Wipe it off with kitchen roll.

You will not match the brick colour. I used dark brown to tone with buff bricks.

View media item 1564
also did waste pipes
View media item 1563

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder how easy the Fablon would be to remove if I decided I'd rather paint it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could cover it with a vinyl wrap - some companies (check ebay sellers) can do any design as a print so ask for brick :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Reminds me of the things you see in those " Innovation" type catalogues, sticky plastic to cover your fridge and wheelie bins....

Sponsored Links