British Gas Boiler and Aqualisa Quartz Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had british gas replace my boiler with a combi boiler and I also have just had a Aqualisa Quartz shower installed (Not Pumped). I seem to have problems with the shower reaching temperature, When I turn the shower on the boiler fires up and the burner light is on but then the shower seems to cut off the hot water and the boiler switches off and this will keep happening until I turn the temperature down on the boiler or the shower which is on the cold side of the scale anyway. This also becomes more of a problem in the morning when the Central Heating is on. I have had british gas out who say there is nothing wrong with the boiler and I have had Aqualisa out and they say there is nothing wrong with the shower.

Sponsored Links
If you have hot water at all your taps then you can assume that the boiler is functioning correctly.
You need to look at how your shower has been supplied (plumbed correctly) or if indeed the shower is up the swannee. :)

Sponsored Links
They haven`t by any chance fitted the non combi model of the quartz. or it sounds like there is something up with the thermostatic cartridge in the shower.

You might have the normal problem which you get with combis and thermostatic showers not specifically designed for combis.

Say the stat fnds the water in the pipe too hot. It reduces the flow of the hot, which therefore(often) gets hotter, so the stat reduces the flow and the combi turns off. The problem arises because of the big delay, while the water travels down the pipe.

Much better off with a pressure balanced shower, we are told, and I must say I haven't seen a problem with them.

I wonder what the boiler really is - possibly a Worcester variant. Assuming it's working properly, turn the temp of the hot water (on the combi front) right down. The combi ought to be able to provide more constant temperature water if it isn't trying for max all the time.

Ok - this is what you do first. Disconnect the data cable at the mixer box and turn off power for at least 20 minutes - this will reset the unit to factory settings..
I that don't work do the same again but this time adjust the control screw just above the data cable slot into the plus zone a little - It's samll but literally a few mm above where the data cable enters.
This should do the trick.
OK Good luck.

Classic, that's classic. You've dug up a thread that's well over a year old! I don't want to too hard on a first time poster, but please check the dates, and check the forum rules too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back