British Gas RC Plus thermostat instructions

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much, This looks exactly like the one on my wall. I have printed instructions out. Will have a go at resetting timer right now.
Thanks again.
Linda M

Sponsored Links
does anyone know why my rc plus wireless system doesnt want to turn my CH on? Worcester combi boiler seems to be working fine as HW is all good. Thermostat seems to be reading/displaying as normal (flame for CH appears) but it doesnt seem to be communicating with the boiler as no heating at all.

Someones suggested resetting and reconnecting but i have no idea how to do this. Managed to download one of the manuals on the top of this thread but no joy with the other.

Any suggestions please? Desperate - my kids have a cold already!
Cheers
Elaine

does anyone know why my rc plus wireless system doesnt want to turn my CH on? Worcester combi boiler seems to be working fine as HW is all good. Thermostat seems to be reading/displaying as normal (flame for CH appears) but it doesnt seem to be communicating with the boiler as no heating at all.

Elaine

Hi, coincidentally I have the exact same problem with the same thermostat as you. I switched the boiler off at the mains, and thermostat too (took the batteries out). Switched both back on again. I manually raise/lower the temperature and as I do I can see the red 'communicating' light flash and the green 'on' light will come on or off with the flame symbol on the controls. The boiler will not start.

I checked all the connecting cables and the boiler stat codes, and as far as I can figure out it is probably the relay in the receiver box on the wall next to the boiler that has failed (these controllers switch a 240v signal to the boiler for on/off). My controller box also runs a pump to occasionally pump condensed water away into the drain, and I guess the extra load of that pump shortened the life of the relay.

I guess the best option will be to replace the thermostat system as it sounds like your boiler is working just fine.

Best of luck to you.

Please can you email me these instructions. Thanks. (craigsolly70@ ).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back