Broken front door step brick, advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Can anyone come up with anything clever to repair our problem?

We bashed something on the front door step the other day and a piece of brick broke off about 1cm thick. We have a row of bricks side by side as the front of the step and although the brick could be chiseled out and replaced I would prefer if possible to replace the chip and give that a try rather than go to all that work of removing the old one and trying to buy one to match etc etc.

It looks horrible now, but can anybody tell me anything about how it could be stuck back, is there something which would hold?

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
happyhero said:
I would prefer if possible to replace the chip and give that a try rather than go to all that work of removing the old one and trying to buy one to match etc etc.
I've done the same. I've used Unibond to stick it back on and it's still there after 10yrs so far :D

masona said:
I've done the same. I've used Unibond to stick it back on and it's still there after 10yrs so far :D

Cheers for the answer masona, sounds a good idea, do you mean just paint it on neat and support it while it dries?

Sponsored Links
Yes but not too thick, damp the area first then let it dry, then Unibond.

Many way of supporting it, masking tape, timber batten etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back