Brother 8360p FAX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I have a brother 8360P fax machine which worked fine but now keeps saying ' Check Documents, press STOP key to continue' after the key has been pressed all it does is keep repeating the same message. It sometimes just prints the Configuration page. Any help would be greatfully appreciated. many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
What does the manual say is wrong ?

How old is it i.e. is it still under warranty or extended guarantee ?

Hi Wanleg
There is no warranty as the Fax is over year old. Manual says reseat documents but apart from that very little else! Even with no documents and just the paper in the papertray the message still appears regardless! Many Thanks for alll your help.

Sponsored Links
There wil be some form of document sensor, either a mechanically actuated (by the documents) switch or more likely a photo- electric sensor which is activated by the documents breaking the light beam or reflecting light back to the sensor. Look into the chute that the documents feed into for either 2 slots that the mechnanical actuator pass through(it will either have got wedged under the chute or fallen off, or 2 holes that allow light to pass through & the sensor will be under one of them,try blowing air in to remove dust. If both these fail to resolve the problem I would guess you have a faulty sensor.

Hi Many thanks to everyone who posted an answer. I have one more question. I have found out that the problem is with a mechanical sensor whose housing has been snapped off. The housing is a single plastic casting which is below the LCD screen and houses the Main PCB and photo-electric sensors. Does anyone know where I can obtain this black plastic casting and price? many thanks.

Have you tried doc lenny's link,other than that a google search.

Back