BT phone - surge protector needed???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have been rewiring my house which also made me want to install new BT sockets, since the old BT sockets were the style that were mounted on external boxes i wanted to have them flush fitted like my wall sockets.
The main BT wiring came down to a box, the link below is the only image i can find of a similar box
80a.jpg

from this it went into the main wall mounted box. Since then i have bought a master BT socket and some slaves from screwfix
[/img]http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=38634&ts=56540#.
I have noticed this master socket has the space for a surge protector fitted but does not have it fitted? is this a problem?
shoudl i remove the surge protector from my original main socket or just leave as is.
hoep all the links work as its the first time i have tried this
cheers

Sponsored Links
BT compatible telephone master socket

NOT a BT master socket.

The surge suppressor is necessary, do not interfere with the BT wiring before the BT supplied master socket. Do NOT remove the BT master socket.

You can ignore that, do what you plan and the system may work.

But if you then have a line fault where BT have to come to make a reapir to their wiring and master socket and find it has been modified you may have a large bill and may have the service dis-connected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back