budget belt sander which one

ceg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
i'm busy sanding parquet floors with a belt sander all going well except the b&q pro belt sander i borrowed just stopped working.. took it to bits and cleaned out sawdust etc but nothing happening - any ideas on easy fix/what to check etc? before i go buy a replacement?

i also bought a makita beltsander 75*457 size and found this to be great - much lighter and easier to use (being female - lightness and ease of use helps!)

i'm looking for a probable replacement to the b&q one, any ideas on what to buy for approx 50quid..are any of the wickes own brand ones any good? or should i stick withthe b&q pro one... think its about 65 quid.. (they seem to have put their prices up as sure it was around 45!)

thanks to all in advance for any help/advice

Sponsored Links
Just used the wickes one (£40) 75 x 533 to sand back an oak wood floor for a friend. Worked a treat and has a 2 year warranty. I also looked at the b & Q version but it looked the same for £65 !

I got the B&Q one (pro) for £39. I just use them until they fall apart and then get a new one under warranty.

joe

Sponsored Links
the s.i.p. one from toolstation is ok. 29 squid . good build quality. errr and it sands a treat. 75x533
i must have wasted years at woodwork class at school with that stoopid cork block and some grit wrapped round it, :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
thank the lordy for all these gizmos :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back