Building a shower enclosure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the correct area to post this, but I'd appreciate any help/comments on the following, please:

(a) Is there a recommended thickness for shower doors? The width of the shower tray will be the depth of the shower/wc room, so we won't need any side panels. We're considering a bifold shower door and will be installing a Grohtherm thermostatic shower. Any recommended makes of doors? (I know Matki is :eek: money!)

(b) I've read in other posts about 'tanking' the shower tray. What is this exactly? Is this some kind of paint, or an actual type of tray? :confused:

(c) We'll be installing a cast stone shower tray, and I'm confused as to whether the tiles should come down to meet the tray, or whether the tray should butt up to the tiles. Which method is recommended to prevent leakages, etc?

Thanks in advance, and appreciate your help (as ever!)
:)

Sponsored Links
Try google on tanking walls etc..basically a waterproof seamless lining under the finished wall :idea: Tiles down onto top of tray with silicone behind and in front of tiles. ;)

Many thanks, Nige F.

Any ideas on the thickness required for the shower door glass, please? I've seen various thicknesses from 3mm to up to 8mm thick (I think), but which is the minimum thickness required for use with a thermo Grohtherm shower?

Thanks in advance
:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back