Building new houses / flats- Ball park sq ft cost ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone any links or ideas where I can research building cost?

I've heard tell that building a house, detached is in the region of £80-£100 sq ft. High end luxury at £120 sq ft.

This varies from area to area and to a degree on the final fit out.

I have an oppertunity to buy a house in disrepair and then either pull it down and rebuild or refurbish. The site has potential for a 6 flat block and I'm trying to get my head round a ball park figure for the build.

On the assumption that plaining was agreed and the site clear and levelled how much would be a ball park figure?

Is there any guides on the subject that would help or link that anyone might have?

On the basis of 6 x 600 sq ft flats with 450 sq ft of common area I'd have a sq ft build of 4050 sq ft.

Would a budget of £120 sq ft for quality finished (decent standard bath, en suite and kitchen) seem about right? Property location is North London suburbs.

Thanks for any help / advise received.

Sponsored Links
In the absence of any posts back, has anyone here had a recent plot and build project?

And if so, what was the cost in sq ft and what type of build did you do?

Sponsored Links
Newbuild costs were around £100/sqf for most of last year and the beginning of this. Rate now is about £110 - if I were you I would work on £120.

Rates of course depend on ground conditions and any special fixtures and fittings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back