Building regulations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just has some asbestos removed from a garage ceiling. and have replaced it with 2 layers of plasterboard cross bonded as per regulation.

i would like to use the loft space and therefore put an opening/loft hatch in the ceiling are there any regulations regarding type and size of hatch?

The garage is linked to the house and has a pitched roof, and the loft space extends overhead the untility room and toilet which are between the garage and the house. There is no firewall because the asbestos was sufficient.

have consulted current regulation guide and have been unable to make any sense from them.

Sponsored Links
the loft hatch you put in should be 30minutes fire resistant minimum

i think Timloc do 1hr rated fire hatches

Thanks for that much appreciated.

The plasterboard that i have put up has not been painted yet - is there any requirement for it to be covered with a heat resistant paint or anything at all - would a normal emulsion be okay?

Sponsored Links
the paint aint important

the 2 layers of plasterboard give you the 30 mins fire resistance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back