Buzzing Baxi Solo 2 PF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Baxi Solo 2 PF.

A couple of weeks ago the boiler has stated to make a 'buzzing' noise. The noise last for @ 2-3 mins and then dies off.

I am not at all knowledgeable about boilers thought the noise is coming from the PCB (I think that is what it is called). I have also observed that when the buzzing kicks off my electric shower pump starts to buzz (when I turn the elec shower off from the mains the boiler is still buzzing) and also .... strangely enough ... when I am down the back of the garden listening to a MW station the buzzing interferes with the signal. The radio, by then is positioned, about 25 metres away from the boiler, if not more!!

The boiler is @6-8 yrs old.

I notice a thread in this forum will a similar problem in which a relay was the issue. This may be related. I do not know.

Anyway, any thoughts anyone?

thx

Sponsored Links
If you are certain that it is coming from the circuit board, pcb then you will need to replace it.

Onther things that buzz could be gas valve solenoid and rarely the fan.

Thx for the prompt reply gas4you

Assuming the boiler has only one fan ... then it definitely is not a fan noise. I had an issue with the fax a year ago. It was a constant 'tapping' noise and was replaced by B.Gas. This noise, periodically, kicks off for about 2 mins and then dies off. Also it affects the radio .... strangely enough

Do you know that average cost of a PCB and how long it would take someone to replace it (assuming it is the PCB of course)? Last but not least would they be readily available or do you have to buy them from Baxi directly?

thx

Retail price of pcb is about £155 + VAT. Shouldn't take long to fix so I wuld assume £50 + VAT minimum attendance fee. Therefore around £200 ish to replace. Prices may vary in your area.

No you don't have to buy from Baxi. Parts Center is the biggest spares company but quite expensive (price I quoted) Other internet suppliers may be cheaper but insist on original pcb only and not an independant 'copy'.

Sponsored Links
I had an issue with the fax a year ago. It was a constant 'tapping' noise and was replaced by B.Gas.

Wow..are they branching out into office equipment now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back