Can all over brown uPVC doors expand in excess heat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at getting brown uPVC doors for front and back door. I was told by an installer that a brown outside door, with the inside part white would not expand with heat. But there is always a possibility that a door which is brown on both sides can sometimes expand when hot. Was told that it is possible that door may not shut, once opened. I have dealt with this company before and I trust the guy but I have never heard of this before. Can anyone shed any light on it. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Very true, I have one on the side of my property and the bottom panel is slightly bent and the top window beading have a gap. You have been given a very good advice. Bearing in mind my door is a very dark teak colour.

All plastic doors and windows expand when hot.

Stick with wood, lasts longer, less damaging to the environment, looks prettier, and easier to manage.

I had UPVC windows and doors installed at a cost of £12500.
They are CR Smith, Lorimer range, and are coloured light oak.
After two years they all faded badly. I received some compensation, but still have the rubbish windows to look at every day.
If I were to do it all again I would go for Hardwood instead of UPVC.

Sponsored Links
Fluff...Can you point me at where you getting brown door from, as I am after a brown door, inside & out to be brown.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back