Can I just build a fence ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to 'extend' my back garden by fencing in a bit of the area round the side of the house, which requires basically two sides of a rectangle, 320cm x 480cm, with the 320cm side incorporating a gate.

The 320 is an absolute maximum, and it doesn't fit in particularly well with standard fence panel sizes, so I was thinking about building my own, 5 feet tall.

Obviously I get the vague idea - posts, horizontal rails, vertical planks, type of thing, but is there anything important I need to consider. Is ther such a thing as concrete posts for sale with holes in them ready to accept the rails ??

Sponsored Links
regarding the fence posts with holes yes they are available (thats how my fence is built) the rails are called arris rails

Thanks. So if I get the proper posts, I will be able to get....wait for it...... A neater 'arris !!

Sigh. Must be getting late.

And old.

Sponsored Links
actually they were called rolf rails, but then it was changed, because it made them rolf asrris rails

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back