Can I wire a second shower into the existing shower Fuse?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Or will I have to fit a seperate fuse to the new shower, and if so will my fuse box take another 30 or 40 amp fuse, I have a 100 amp max box and already have two 30amp RCCB ring main, one 40 amp shower . Other side of box is two 5 amp lights,( 1) 15 amp immersion heater,(1) 15amp freezer., (1) 30amp cooker.

Sponsored Links
depends on the power rating of the showers and whatever else is connected. however, i would advise againt a second shower. and what do you mean by 'existing shower fuse'? you mean connect 2 shower on one fuse in your CU? if yes, then no. your shower should also be RCD protected.

also, do you have fuses or MCB's? (just b/c you said the shower is on a fuse, but the rings are on a 30A RCCB (which 30A doesnt exist, it should be 32A) and the lights are 5A (indicating a fuse) and 15A for the freezre (indicating a fuse)

it does sound like he in confusing mcb and rcd/rccb

btw andrew wylex have definately made B30 breakers tlc are showing a photo of one (though tlcs photos in general seem rather dated)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back