Can you turn a flue ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a perfectly good Gloworm condensing boiler with a horizontal flue.

I contacted Gloworm for a price for the vertical flue kit, but they no longer stock it.

As the flue is just a pipe inside another pipe, could I buy a standard 90 deg bend and then vent vertically up through the garage roof with 'any standard vertical flue kit '

Come on lads... this could save me the 3 grand the British Gas quoted for a new boiler.....

Sponsored Links
Why ?

If the boiler itself can be used with a vertical flue ?

Come on Kev put the Bentley brochure down and think a bit ...

It REALLY wrongs me to ditch this boiler and then get ripped off by B Gas for a new boiler that I neither want or need.

it's WRONG WRONG WRONG. 3 FEKKIN grand.

wait...

3 FEKKIN grand.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

Sponsored Links
Specific boiler !! NOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The once the flue comes out of the boiler its JUST A F*CKING PIPE !!

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

And trying to get a CORGI bloke to quote for a new one, because it's not just a quick bolt to the wall connect up and £500 thankyou very much they are not interested.

YOU CORGIS SHOULD BE MADE TO DO THE WORK .........

3 GRAND NNNNNNOoooooooooooooooooooo

As you can see, I'm quite upset about this :(

Don't move it then, and or get another quote.

posting the model of the boiler would help, still find parts on shelfs

I need to move it because we are having the wall on which the old boiler sits removed. Old boiler is 20 yrs old and cant be re-used.

Got 3 year old boiler from brother in law who replaced it with a combi, but it is in perfect working order.

It's a Gloworm Energysaver 50 - GC 41 319 70.

We want to put it in the garage, hence the vertical flue problem.

It just wrongs me to waste it. And to spend 3 grand. I'll happily pay for a CORGI to do the work.

I could rip a tissue ............

That model is unsuitable for a vertical flue anyway,

Why can't you hang it on the garage wall with the horizontal fluing, can be side or rear

Can't go rear as joins neighbours garage.

Can't go left as would stick out of front of house, can't go right as would have to go through new kitchen / toilet.

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new one :rolleyes:

I'd definatly get another quote for a boiler though as BG's quote seems a little steep *shrug* I haven't seen the job, mebby it justifies 3 grand, another quote can't hurt thou.

If it does have a vertical flue kit available contact the large merchants they can do a nationwide search on the computer and see if a branch has an old one still in stock.

COG said:
If it does have a vertical flue kit available contact the large merchants they can do a nationwide search on the computer and see if a branch has an old one still in stock.

They don't list a vertical flue kit for that boiler in the installation instructions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back