candy dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please help wife makes me do the dishes, my dishwasher is going through it`s cycle but not cleaning on investigation i realised that the tablet door is not opening, then on further investigation i found that the water is not heating up. putting 2&2 together i`m asuming that the tablet door will only open once the water has reached the set temp which inturn has got me looking at the heating element which i have removed from the machine but not sure how to test it. i have a multi meter but not quite sure what i`m looking for any help much appreciated. it`s a candy cd122-80

Sponsored Links
hi,

i have a simular problem and believe it to be the same heater element.Can you tell me where it is as i cant seem to locate it??????

thanks phil

yes it took me a while to find aswell, if you look at the back of the machine about 2-3 inches from the bottom you will see a grey plastic cover which will pop off behind it you will see the connections for the element with a black rubber seal and a nut. remove the nut pry the seal out and the element will slide out it is about 12 inches long, hope this is of help to you

hi rich,

thanks for your posting...but i realised just after the posting that my dishwasher is a different model ie cd623 uk. i followed your instructions and no element ..... i am still looking!!!! All the websites i have looked at state that the element is available but no one can tell me where it is in the dishwasher itself.i rang candy and they wanted £90 to tell me where it is.???

Sponsored Links
sorry about that, i found my element by tracing the main wiring loom coming from the control panel which comes out under the door behind the kick panel it consists of about a dozen electrical wires which in turn go to different parts of the machine 3 of these will go to the element L,N&EARTH so the only other advise i can give is to trace the wires individually and you should find it in the end. where did you purchase your element from as i need one myself

i have followed your advice which is much appreciated but i just cannot locate it. I have ordered a new element from 4ourhouse.co.uk for £30 delivered within 24 hours. Im hoping when it arrives it will become obvious where it goes. Im assuming the element is a fair size as in a cooker but perhaps it is very small and thats why i cant find it???? other than that i am at a loss it is in about 10 pieces now but still no element!!!!

if the element is the same as mine it is about 12 inches long and when it is in the machine it actually sits inside the plastic tube inside the machine. it is the tube that carries the water to the top basket washing head even though it is inside the machine it can only be removed from the lower back.
p.s thanks for the advise on where i can but one

bewsbury said:
i have followed your advice which is much appreciated but i just cannot locate it. I have ordered a new element from 4ourhouse.co.uk for £30 delivered within 24 hours. Im hoping when it arrives it will become obvious where it goes. Im assuming the element is a fair size as in a cooker but perhaps it is very small and thats why i cant find it???? other than that i am at a loss it is in about 10 pieces now but still no element!!!!

Hi bewsbury

for your model Espares says this is what you are looking for Click

Salem.

thanks salem thats the one i have ordered you would think that would be easy to find but oh noooo!!!!

i will look out for the plastic tube you refer to is that on the base of the washer or the side as i have a casing which could possibly hold the element but it is clear plastic and would surely melt!!

bewsbury said:
thanks salem thats the one i have ordered you would think that would be easy to find but oh noooo!!!!

i will look out for the plastic tube you refer to is that on the base of the washer or the side as i have a casing which could possibly hold the element but it is clear plastic and would surely melt!!

the element on mine (same element) is on the bottom inside of the main wash chamber. Don't know anything about a plastic tube though.

bewsbury said:
is it easy to see ????

Yup, it sits on the floor to the left of the lower spray arm and towards the back. mind you, yours is a different model but the same element, it's approx 12-14 inches long and 8-9 inches at the widest point.

Salem.

thanks for that there is no exposed element at all witin the washer itself i have search everywhere for it and something the size you describe would surely not be that hard to locate... either im going mad,someones nicked it,
or the dishwasher just hasnt got one???

just wondering if you found your element yet and if so where was it, the suspense is killing me. it`s better than eastenders this is :LOL: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back