Can't get lights working, i'm seriously in the dark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've been fitting 5 downlights in the living room off of the main lighting circuit. When i wired it up first time round it worked perfectly, then when i took the unit down to paint and placed it back up again the lights came on momentairly and now will no longer come on at all.

So after retracing the wires and not finding anything wrong, i simply fitted one standard bulb to the main light fitting and even that won't work now. I've got a voltage detector and its identifying that there is a current there when the light switch is on, but alas no light.

So i'm guessing its something to do with the Neutral wire since the live wire seems to be working correctly.

Is there anything else i should be trying?

Thanks
Gordon

Sponsored Links
At 1:56pm on a sunny saturday said:
i'm seriously in the dark
where are you? in a cave?

but seriously, what happens when you flick the switch? ;)

Not a thing. When i flick the switch nothing happens. Thought it may be the bulbs that have blown, but when replacing with new bulbs, not a sausage.

Any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back