Can't mitre a 120mm skirting board as its to tall for my saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps.
I'm in the process of changing the skirting boards in a couple of my rooms, but they are 40mm to tall for my mitre saw.
Is there a way of getting decent 45 degree cut on the end of the skirting to allow me to join them at the corners properly.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
big-all said:
just use the correct filler when gaps appear

Are you saying I can't cut strait :D
My architraving round the door looks ok............. 'ish :)

The link doesn't work for me BTW. What was it about?

just a very long thread about scribing and mitering skirting
if you cant see the link the filler thing is not important
good luck again :D ;)

Got one from B&Q today for £20, but bloody hell is it stiff. Are they meant to be hard as hell?
The cuts fine though so there's no filler needed here :) It's the fixing to the wall that's the tricky bit as i'm having to screw them in as the nails don't keep it flush to the wall properly.

could be stiff because your not holding the wood firmly and it is rocking as you cut binding on the blade
try lightly rubbing the blade with a candle

shouldnt be too tight whats it like if you cut a bit of 2 inch wood ;)

try lubricating the top chrome bar with something itll work ok then

I was hopeing that it was going to be as simple as that. You would have thought thatthey would have lubricated the slider as they have done with the blades.

The wood is clamped in to stop it rocking BTW Al

muffking said:
I was hopeing that it was going to be as simple as that. You would have thought thatthey would have lubricated the slider as they have done with the blades.

The wood is clamped in to stop it rocking BTW Al

ok the trouble can be the bottom is clamped the top can start vibrating/oscelating
if the other lub ideas work fine if not try holding the top of the skirting when cutting ;) ;)

Sorted. Oiling the slider did the trick, but it doesn't cut perfectly straight, so I think the blade might be bent?

check the frame is parrallel hold the the frame with the saw blade facing you with the tubular bar immediatly in line behind it
tip the the frame till the edge of the tube sits on top of the blade
if the blade and tube arnt parralel you wont get a propper cut

dont put too much pressureon the blade as you cut, let the blade do the work, or it does distort as it cuts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back