Cant remove taps ?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Folks decided to buy a mixer tap for the bath. Had a go at removing the old taps, but the big nut just wont budge.
Reading online they say to try underneath the bath. But, the people before must of had some new plastic pipes fitted and is pratically no room to fit my hand in there.
Any ideas how to get the nut on top to move?
Its like its welded to a washer and is starting to pee me off.

Any help is great
Regards

Sponsored Links
LouiseB24 said:
Any ideas how to get the nut on top to move?
Louise, I don't mean to be critical, but do you realise that the job you're undertaking is often quite tough, even when things go well?

There's nothing complex about changing bath taps, but access is nearly always difficult, and you need to be prepared to cope with different tap tail centers and tail lengths.

Firstly, if you're trying to undo anything about the deck, then you've made a bad start. The first step is to isolate the tap from the water supplies (which you've probably done), and then to uncouple the tap connectors underneath the taps.

Its my dad whos doing it and he has done it before, Its just we cant budge the nut.
We will go fine one now, cheers

Sponsored Links
i presume the big nut is metal???? if its plastic u could try a couple of sharp blows with an even sharper chisel... your new taps shpould have been supplied with back nuts so you will not need the existing ones if you can split them.

Have you tried drenching it in WD40 and leaving it to soak in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back