Cat mess

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My back garden seems to be a popular pooing ground for cats is there any safe way of stopping them ? i do own a dog and thought this would stop them coming into the garden and messing but it hasn't

Sponsored Links
despite the fact that this question has been asked so many times on the forum, use an ultrasonic deterant. Very effective, humane and cheap

Cheers Thermo,

I'm new to the forum so have no idea what's been asked in the past, but will give it a go.

Many thanks

:)

no problem, but there is a search facility that will throw up answers to many questions. its always worth a go

Sponsored Links
You will probually still get plenty of advise cats and their toilet habits ,Idoubt weither they will be practical or legal, but they might make you smile

;)
I do not think there is a completely suitable answer to the problem of cats messing in other peoples gardens. Having your own cat is not 100% reliable, I have tried. A high powered water gun is not much use either but at least it is fun (Not for the cat!). I just try to make it as uncomfortable as possible for the animal and I have met with limited success. I wish that someone should design a nappy for cats it should be made compulsary for cats to wear them, under the threat of the death penalty !
You may have guessed that I do not care much for cats. They are parasites as far as I am concerned.

christ you searched through a whole forum just to find that old reply to resurect :rolleyes:

You may have guessed that I do not care much for cats. They are parasites as far as I am concerned.

i do not care for pets in general. lot of people own them for their own selfish fulfilment and not always for the good of the animal.

but could you please explain how a cat is a parasite. :confused:

philrigger, your point is?

Please before you make a comment please check the date a post was made, The topic you hi jacked was made nearly 3 years ago, and diywhizz who asked in the first place only made 12 posts over 3 days, never to be heard from again.

sorry to interupt gents,but i think he is maybe refering to the parasite which causes the disease toxoplasmosis.it can be found in cat dodar

maybe his misguided out burst is the result of the above info,and although i dont share his disdain for felines,there have been many a time where i have hurled whatever was at hand,at high velocity to any moggy that has entered my garden. :LOL:

who cares? diywhizz who started it doesnt.

see my post above as for why

awwww, but cats are cute n furry & come & sit on your lap, lick your fingers & purr alot. They are also fun when chasing xmas baubles on laminate flooring.

What's a little poo in someone elses garden compared to that?
:LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back