1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

CAT5 Can I Still Install

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by Alan51, 13 Oct 2020.

1. Alan51

Alan51

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    As a DIY bod I realise I'm basically not allowed to do much on mains electric these days which I understand.

I'm moving to a new house and want to install network cable from the router to the spare room, it's an easy route through the garage and then inside a stud wall.

Can I still do this DIY?

2. crystal ball

crystal ball

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. EFLImpudence

EFLImpudence

Thanks Received:
    Portugal
    Of course - and you are mistaken about not being allowed to do electrical work.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Alan51

Alan51

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes, I've done the occasional change such as replace sockets and added a spur but it just seems easier to let a pro do anything more involved.

6. Sponsored Links
  7. JohnW2

JohnW2

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    For you, it may well be ';easier', and therefor appropriate. However, EFLI is correct in implying that "anyone can do anything" in terms of electrical work (at least, in domestic premises), provided only that they are competent to do it and comply with the any relevant bureaucracy (required for very little work in England, much much more in Wales).

Kind Regards, John

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local