1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

cat5e equipment supplier

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by shagster, 12 Jan 2012.

1. shagster

shagster

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm looking for cat5e faceplates and modules (preferably ones that match :LOL: ). Not the cheapest of the cheap, but decent ones at reasonable price.

I've installed the cheap stuff in the past and it broke. Generally the module gets pushed through the faceplate and I end up having to unscrew the faceplate to properly attach it, and since I didn't get around to ordering replacements I've ended up with some rooms having a permanently affixed trailing cable!

So I'd love to know where people are buying their cat5e stuff, if they're happy with it, etc...

thanks,
    S.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Sureitsoff?

Sureitsoff?

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  4. shagster

shagster

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    thanks Sure, I'll give them a try and see how they work out. Do they go in 25mm depth boxes, or do I need 35mm depth?

5. Sureitsoff?

Sureitsoff?

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    depends on the type of faceplate you choose to use, if I remember I used 35 with flat faceplates but you can get faceplates that have chamfered edges and they stand further out from the wall so therefore you can get away with 25

the last link in my previous post shows the bevelled edge plates, and to be honest I think they look naff!! the socket modules only stick out the back of the flat faceplates by about 12mm anyway another make I like are hellerman tyton

6. LooPrEvil

LooPrEvil

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    MK are second to none. More costly. but reliable, unlike cheap tat.

7. BigRobCanUFixIt

BigRobCanUFixIt

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    http://www.cmsplc.com/

These guys are reasonable. If you dont have an account then haggle the price and they will usually give a discount.

Get their "Yellow Book" it has loads of stuff.

Rob

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

9. Sponsored Links