ccoker hood extraction point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys...just bought a cooker with a stainless steel hood, i thought the hood can be vented to the outside of my kitchen, however it turns out this hood has vents internally, i mean, its got two vents,one on either side of the stainless steel chimmney hood. so the fumes and from cooking are dispersed inside the kitchen....my question can i modify this so i can vent to the outside of the kitchen via a ventin kit ? :?:

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the chimney acts as a vent pipe or does the fan have a manifold that the chimney sits on top of, & the chimney is decorative? A pic would help.

some hoods can be "re-plumbed" internally to extract or recirculate. There might for example be a metal plate that goes over one or other of the ways.

Isn't there anything in the instructions?

Is there any sign of a blanked-off 105mm hole in the top or back?

If you remove the grease filter you should be able to see some of the internal arrangements,

heres a picture of it. this is whats underneath when i remove the stainless steel chimney hood......it has two screws securing the "thing" to the cooker hood, i can remove it, but then im just left with a small rectangular hole...

DSC00875.jpg

Sponsored Links
jj4091 said:
Could you remove the louvres from this then mount it upside down over the hole & either use the pipe that is included or get a longer piece to vent through the wall http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=12523&ts=42228[/QUOTE]no..you cannot do that....i think i may need something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=330055995765&rd=1&rd=1

ill mount this over the hole with some sealant and put a screw in on each of the four sides holding it down...should do the trick

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I would have thought the Hood makers would supply such an adaptor.

JohnD said:
I would have thought the Hood makers would supply such an adaptor.
i dont think this hood could be monunted to vent externally, it only looks like its just internally, anyway, im gonna modifiy like i said should work ok..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back