CED Photocell kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Picked one of these up from Toolstation . .

Looks like all the others - badged CED

Instructions do not mention earth and there is no connection, can I run three core pvc flex out through the wall to it and use the earth as the switched live (sleeved of course) or do I have to use four core and cut back the earth - there is no room in the unit for a connection block on the end of the earth cable if I use four core..

It will switch seven 2w LED downlighters in shower fittings in the soffit.

Edit - there will be about 2" of flex betwween the fitting and the entry point into the garage wall and a terminal box on the inside of the wall.

Sponsored Links
You must not use an earth conductor for anything but earth.
Use 3 core and earth cable. The earth conductor must be earthed at the supply end.

If there is really no room in the CED unit then cut it back. It would be better to pop it into a small choc terminal block. There really is room in there.

Sometimes when you ask a quuestion you know what the answer is going to be . . . . .

Now where in either B37 area or WS14 area can I get a couple of metres of black insulated four core?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back