1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Ceiling Rose Wiring

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by whenisayjump, 19 Jul 2021.

1. whenisayjump

whenisayjump

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello :)

I’m shortly going to be replacing a ceiling rose that has a loop in/out set up.

My plan is to use wago connectors to replicate the wiring I’ve found in the ceiling rose. I will label the wires so I know how they go back together.

I’ve been looking at wiring diagrams and it seems usually all of the live connections are placed together, however on my rose I seem to have a neutral in the live ‘block’. I’m assuming that whoever did the wiring originally has chosen the brown as the switched live and the blue as the perm live from/to the switch. Is that a correct understanding? From my reading around the internet that seems unconventional but I can’t otherwise see an issue.

Thanks,
    James

Attached Files:

2. EFLImpudence

EFLImpudence

Thanks Received:
    Portugal
    [​IMG]

Other than that, you are correct.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. whenisayjump

whenisayjump

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sorry yes, you're quite right. I more meant someone has chosen the blue wire to be the perm live to the switch which seemed unconventional but not particularly problematic.

Thanks for your feedback!

5. EFLImpudence

EFLImpudence

Thanks Received:
    Portugal
    (y)

Yes, it is unconventional - but you can easily tell which is the switch cable.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sponsored Links