CEILING SIZE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats the largest area ceiling you can manage on your own with no labourer, Ive just done one 6 metres by 4mm and it was blody hard work.

Sponsored Links
6 metres by 4mm ain't that big.

6 metres by 4m is a fair size without a lad. bet you got a sweat on chasing that one. :LOL:

i'm so used to having a labourer, a damn good one at that, that i'm loathe to tackle any job without him.

Hi Brist,

Largest I've done so far is 5 x 4 metres and it was OK although I was playing catch up for a while. Actually, for some reason I found it easier than my own kitchen ceiling which is 6 x 3. Total area is less but maybe it was the length I didn't get on with on my kitchen ceiling. My own ceiling was a near disaster with bits going off all over the place before I could get back to them. I really had to fight with that one!

Got a 7 x 4.5 booked in for a coupe of weeks time and I'm absolutely dreading it. To make matters worse it's got a light stipple finish. I'd considered splitting it into to sections and doing in two hits, one straight after the other to avoid an ugly join line. However, I've more or less convinced myself that I can do it in one hit providing I don't mind busting my gut trying to keep on tp of it.

Regards

Fred

Sponsored Links
Fred,

Get a young lad to knock up for you, You must have a relative or friend who would love to earn a few quid for their weekend beer money?

It really does make life MUCH easier if you don't have to leave the job to start cleaning your tools and knocking up another mix in between.

The last big ceiling i did was onto new plasterboard, the next big one is on an emulsioned artex ceiling. Will the curing time be slower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back