ceiling skimming ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peaps- A while ago you made a post which you finished up with 'The end'

I don't know why you deleted it, as it was an excelent suggestion.Perhaps it was because you said you could not remember where we first crossed.......

Admin deleted it. And no I can't, my life has more going on than YOU.

dmplastering made a helpful post with a suggestion about taping polythene on , which you thanked him for. I would have thought that was the time for raising any concerns you had about it !

I didn't have any, the guy asking for advice put up no other option but for someone to make a suggestion by thinking out of the box, DM made the call and in this situation it was sound.

You also thanked him for suggesting

Yes I did.

"just tape right into the corner then once plaster is hard, cut into the angle with a stanley. This should give you a good edge. Failing this, have you considered coving??"

Which I presume you recomnend to the OP?

I wouldn't no.

I must say that when I read

"In all my 29 years of plastering I've NEVER had to use tape to mask up. I've NEVER known it to be used either."

I do realise you just may not have been on a job where it was required , (due to need to protect paint, wallpaper or untreated timber). I presume you have never had to float and set across oak door linings for example.

Yes and NEVER taped up.

I consider 'Plastering' as a trade to be a bit more encompassing than just skimming ceilings .

I do understand that you only speak from your own experience but I would have thought you could have been a little more open minded about some suggestions which are based on a wider range of experiences in the trade.

I don't consider mechanical spraying part of the trade or a skill.

Can you say from where you are that you can 100% guarantee that the paint will be fine , without looking at the job?

I can guarantee that I won't be throwing gear all over the walls and he won't have to repaint it.

Sponsored Links
Alfregdavitt put a post on here asking a question of what to do with a certain problem he had come across. the post has gone on and on and on and the question has probably been forgotten what he asked. We ought to look at what is going on here the people wanting advice are not going to come on a site where the people giving the advice cant agree, lets get back to how it used to be and stop questioning
each others advice, if someone answers a question and I think everyone who answers questions on here actually are qualified to give advice, so lets all stop ripping each other apart. We all enjoy what we do and I for one love to come home from work and see whats going on and what questions people want answers to and see feel a great achievment when I answer and solve someones problems. I am sure we can get this site running smoothly and lets have a banter between ourselves and realise we are all part of the same team..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back