ceiling skimming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
new to forums today, got some great advice already, wish i had looked last week. i am decorating one of the spare rooms which has artexed ceilings, saw some ready mixed plaster skim in wickes, says slap it over with a brush, let it go off, the smooth over, easy aye? well yes, it paints on perfectly easy, then the smoothing of, its not happening. never mind, on tin it says it 'sandable', i let it completely dry, then attacked with electric sander. clouds upon clouds of dust, i can only manage about 10 - 15 minutes at a time, swimming goggles on, face mask, another two days and i think i will have it done. why didnt i call a plasterer!!!! there are some jobs you shouldnt try.

Sponsored Links
does the wallpaper paste trick still work if the artex has been painted with gloss paint?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back