Cement and Sand Render to Internal Party Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to re-plaster a small area of wall behind some built-in wardrobes in an upper floor bedroom that suffers from damp. I would like to waterproof the wall before I plaster or alternatively use a waterproof plaster if there is such a thing.
I have investigated the cause of the damp and the usual suspects all check out ok.
Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you completely discounted condensation? I have found that it is a very common form of dampness in built-in wardrobes. You have a combination of low airflow and clothes that still retain some moisture from the washing process - even if they are touch-dry. It is most commonly a problem where the wardrobe is built on a single-skin external wall, but I have seen it on internal walls.

Have you completely discounted condensation?

Do you think that Rovernut would have to fit an air brick/ vent louvre? Sounds good to me... if condensation is the cause.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back