Central heating but no HW on Potterton EP2001

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating comes on fine on the timer but the hot water just refuses to fire up. the HW indicator light on the programmer is illuminated but no HW. Any ideas before I buy another programmer?

Sponsored Links
2 port DHW valve or 3 port zone valve stuck or microswitch knackered in zone valve head, if you have one. Replace.

In my experience the EP2001 are known for that fault but, as G4Y suggests, check the motorised valves first.

Sponsored Links
Dear dbperce or anyone else,.... I got the same problem.
I got potterton ep2001 timer with honeywell walves and thermostat on tank.
Everything was working fine, until one day when i woke up, found my HW not hot as it should be. turned the HW mannually on, the light of HW lit, but boiler refused to turn on. However, boiler turns normally on for CH.
Kindly help, as my CH is working as normal. MY HW not working. Red led light on display lits, but water doesn't turn hot. the boiler don't turn on in case of HW. HELPPPPP

Well, Just for those who might be facing the same problem. I did solve the problem myself :D . The problem lied in the valve motor for hotwater. I check the terminal voltage of the motor, where, when the timer turned on, the voltage started coming, but the valve wasn't turning on. I manually rotated the valve carefully by a screw driver, it opened the valve and turned the bolier on aswell (by the secondary switch). Thus I changed the valve motor, and the problem is solved...... :D
Hope it helps those who mighte be facing the same problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back