Central heating cleanser and inhibitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best central heating cleanser and inhibitor? I am about to fit a couple of TRV's and will drain the system in the process. Thought, as the system is 10 years old I would flush it and buy some inhibitor for when I refill the system. I see the cost of inhibitor varies in price from around £4 up to £30. Why such a difference? What would you recommend?

Sponsored Links
I tend to go for cheaper inhibitors. Until such time as someone can actually explain why Fernox or Sentinel inhibitors are better (and worth 2 or 3 times as much money), I shall continue to do so. I suspect one is just paying for a name and advertising.

Sponsored Links
Good Point ,Chris. But when I did c/h in my old dad`s house back in `73 I put fernox in and they provided a small jar and some nails to test the product..bit of a gimmick perhaps.Anyway I filled the jar from the drain cock after the mix had circulated. 25 yrs later,Dad moved out and we uncovered the jar with the nails as bright as new. Granted, any protection is better than none, but I`m a fernox fan. Oh yes..and still on original Grundfos pump, that`s another brand I favour :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back