Central Heating on all the time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating system has just started misbehaving. It's on all the time, the house is like a sauna. Checked room stat is turned down and programmer unit is off, but the boiler still fires up, pump runs, radiators are hot permanently. Any ideas? The oil-fired boiler is a Boulter Camray 90/110 about 5 years old.

Sponsored Links
You haven't been caught out by a froststat have you? e.g. boiler in an unheated outhouse, so could freeze.

Sponsored Links
The boiler is in the house. You are suggesting the zone control valve is the culprit? I know that one end of the winding is permanntly connected to the live mains supply - if this were to short-circuit for any reason then I could understand the heating being on all the time. What if it simply sticks, could this cause the problem? Right now I'm having to manually switch the boiler on and off which is a real pain. Thanks for your help
Pistol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back